Vision and Values
Our vision is to create independent, happy, healthy and confident people by developing their skills for lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
The school conducted a survey of all stakeholders and asked for their views in shortening our vision by using a few of the key words to describe the school.
The result was:
Happy, Confident, Achievers
Who are we and what do we do?
At Shears Green Infant School, we are focused on enabling children to become confident and creative builders of their own future.
We do this through a team of people who are caring, nurturing, supportive to each individual. We believe families are the key to developing enthusiastic learners therefore the relationship between school and home is a two-way communication.
We promote and continuously develop a creative curriculum with purpose and meaning to the lives of the children we support, nurture and educate. The curriculum encompasses the richness of the children's lives, the local community and the evolving world around them. We believe children can meet the academic challenges we present to them with openness, enthusiasm and a willingness to solve problems.
We believe in creating an environment where appropriate risks can be taken creating socially and academically responsible people. Through providing a school climate whereby children feel happy, safe and supported we believe we will provide lifelong learners to the world.
Aims in Education
At Shears Green Infant School, we are committed to providing an education that includes:
- Developing positive attitudes and values and encouraging children and staff and parents to grow in self-esteem, independence and respect for one another.
- Creating an inclusive school where everyone is valued, able to achieve and are recognised for their achievements.
- Raising standards through effective teaching and learning ensuring the curriculum is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated.
- Promoting positive attitudes to personal well-being and healthy life styles.
- Establishing and maintaining positive partnerships with parents and the local community.
- Providing a safe, secure, exciting and stimulating learning environment.